Christophe did his first degree in Biology at ETH Zurich, Switzerland (1999-2003). After half-year stints at Northwestern University (Evanston, USA), Tsinghua University (Beijing, China), and at Chulalongkorn University (Bangkok, Thailand), he returned to ETH Zurich at the Department of Computer Science for his PhD (2004-2009), under the supervision of Gaston Gonnet.
After being promoted to teaching faculty member (2010) and senior research associate (2011) at ETH Zurich, he moved to the EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute in Hinxton, as a visiting scientist in Nick Goldman’s group funded by a fellowship of the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Since June 2013, he is a lecturer at UCL on a joint appointment between the Department of Genetics, Evolution & Environment and the Department of Computer Science.
- Editor for PeerJ
- Editor for BMC Evolutionary Biology
- Guest editor for Briefings in Bioinformatics
- Reviewer for
Algorithms for Molecular Biology,
BMC Evolutionary Biology,
Briefings in Bioinformatics,
Genome Biology and Evolution,
IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing,
Molecular Biology and Evolution,
Nucleic Acids Research,
PLOS Computational Biology,
Trends in Evolutionary Biology,
- Co-chair of the EMBL-EBI postdoc association (2012-2013)
- Member of programme committee of AFP SIG 2013
- Member of programme committee of ECCB 2012 and ECCB 2014
- Co-organizer of Quest for Orthologs 2, Hinxton (UK), 17-19 June 2011
- Co-organizer of Zurich Colloquium for Computational Molecular Evolution
- Co-organizer of PhyloSIB 2009
- Co-founder of Young European Biotech
- Co-organizer of conference STARTbiotech