Postdoctoral associate in evolutionary bioinformatics
- Expected start date: 01.11.2018 or to be agreed
- Contract length: 1 year, renewable 2 x 2 years, up to 5 years
- Activity rate: 100%
- Workplace: University of Lausanne, Génopode, 1015 Lausanne
The Dessimoz Lab at the University of Lausanne is recruiting a postdoctoral associate in evolutionary bioinformatics.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research, keen to productively interact with evolutionary biologists, genome biologists and computer scientists, and read the corresponding range of scientific literature.
There will also be opportunities to gain teaching experience (e.g. via student project supervision and contribution to undergraduate or graduate teaching).
Working conditions in Lausanne are extremely competitive, and include access to state-of-the-art computing and sequencing facilities. The environment is highly international, and all activities are conducted in English.
- Doctorate degree
- Solid programming experience (min. 3 years) with languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, or R
- High level of motivation
- Ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent spoken and written English proficiency
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Past contribution to open access software packages
- Experience in phylogenetic methods
- Experience in high performance computing
How to applyThe application should consist of a single PDF file containing the following elements:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications
- Reference to best paper accompanied by a brief supporting statement (approx. 200 words)
- The names and contact details of 2-3 references
- Copy of official PhD certificate
Applications should be submitted via the UNIL HR system using this following link: http://tinyurl.com/y9hx8sgt
Committed to promoting equal employment opportunities among its staff members, the University of Lausanne particularly encourages applications by women.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by 12 October 2018.